Pontem Contractors, a Heavy Highway/Bridge contractor based out of Indianapolis, has an immediate opening for an experienced Bridge Superintendent. Projects are typically located throughout Central Indiana.
Compensation: $70-95k/year with competitive benefit package including Health, Dental, Vision, 401k, company truck, phone and computer.
- Take the lead regarding Safety and Quality Control.
- Direct supervision of union trades people
- Provide leadership and establish working relationships with all onsite personnel including employees, subcontractors, suppliers, RPRs, inspectors and the public.
- Coordinate with all utilities in conflict or otherwise impacted by the project
- Schedule subcontractors and vendors in critical path to ensure timely completion.
- Recognize and resolve conflicts in construction progress.
- Preside over weekly progress meetings.
- Ensure the jobsite is well-kept and organized.
- Complete and maintain daily field log accurately detailing employee hours, work performed and quantities completed.
- Minimum 8 years experience in Heavy/Highway Bridge construction with a minimum of 4 of those years in a supervisory role.
- Ability to take ownership, develop solutions to complex problems and meet deadlines without sacrificing quality.
- Proficient in understanding construction plans, specifications, scheduling and job cost reports.
- Familiarity with INDOT Standard Drawings and Specifications.
- OSHA 10 Hour, CPR, First Aid, Fall Protection and Trenching certifications.
- ATSSA Traffic Control Supervisor preferred.
- SWQCP Level 1 preferred.
- Thorough understanding of the setup and operation of Gomaco 450X finish machines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org